THE GQ INSIDER #100PIECESOFPERRY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. The GQ Insider #100PiecesOfPerry Contest (the "Contest") registration period begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on June 22, 2016 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on July 8, 2016 (the "Registration Period"); the Contest entry period begins at 12:00 AM ET on September 27, 2016 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on September 27, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor's clock shall be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
1. Eligibility. The Contest is open only to GQ Insiders who are legal residents of the continental United States, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and are among the first two hundred (200) participants to register during the Registration Period. Proof of residency and age may be required. Employees of Perry Ellis International, Inc., its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor-designated judges, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects relating to this Contest. Void where prohibited by law.
2. How to Enter. Step One - Register: Prior to entering the Contest, you must first be registered to participate. To register, during the Registration Period, go to www.PerryEllis.com/100PiecesOfPerry (the “Website”) and follow the instructions to complete the required fields and submit the registration form to receive one (1) item from the Fall ’16 Perry Ellis Collection courtesy of Sponsor (the “Item,” available while supplies last to the first two hundred (200) participants). You will be required to check the box indicating your agreement to these Official Rules. After registering, you will receive the Item from Sponsor in order to enter the Contest as set forth below in Step Two. All registration forms must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on July 8, 2016 in order to receive the Item and participate in the Contest.
Step Two - Enter the Contest: To participate in the Contest, you must have an account with Instagram. If you do not already have an account with Instagram, you may create a free account as instructed by Instagram.com. To enter the Contest, during the Entry Period, entrant must: (a) log onto his or her Instagram account; (b) follow the Perry Ellis Instagram page (@PerryEllis); (c) post a photograph of themselves wearing the Item (the “Entry”); (d) tag @PerryEllis; (e) in the comments, mention the Item(s) being worn and include the hashtags #100PiecesOfPerry, #VeryPerryContest, and #VeryPerry; and (f) send your Entry to Sponsor via email at GQxPerryEllis@pery.com. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM ET ON SEPTEMBER 27, 2016. No other method of entry will be accepted. Although it is free to enter, if you enter using your mobile device, standard message and data charges may be incurred.
3. Guidelines and Restrictions on Entry. There is no limit on the number of entries per person. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized Instagram account holder associated with the username used at the time of the entry via Instagram. "Authorized Instagram account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the user name by Instagram that is responsible for assigning Instagram user names associated with the submitted Instagram photo and comments. Participants must enter using only an Instagram account subscribed to and registered in his/her name. Computer generated entry forms and entries (except as permitted in these Official rules) are ineligible and will be disqualified. Entries or attempting to enter the Contest multiple times through the use of multiple email addresses or Instagram user names, or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries is prohibited and any such entries will be deemed void and disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned. Each Entry:
Must be posted during the Entry Period;
Must be public to appear in the Instagram Hashtag gallery;
Must mention the Item(s) being worn;
Must contain all designated hashtags (#100PiecesOfPerry, #VeryPerryContest, and #VeryPerry);
Must tag @PerryEllis;
Must display the Item(s) prominently;
Must not contain any visible brand logos, except Perry Ellis;
Must be owned by entrant and has not been previously published, distributed, or otherwise exploited;
Must be wholly original with entrant, and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim;
Must not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity, including, but not limited to, rights of privacy and publicity;
Must not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be considered defamatory or libelous;
Must not contain obscene, lewd or inappropriate text, including, but not limited to, references to sex, nudity, acts of violence or acts that may cause harm, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion; and
Must comply with the terms and conditions of Instagram.
4. Grant of Rights. By submitting an Entry into the Contest, each entrant hereby irrevocably grants Sponsor a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free perpetual license to use, reproduce, edit, adapt, publish and/or display the Entry for any and all purposes in any and all media channels without limitation, worldwide and without additional compensation, notice or approval from entrant.
5. Prize/Odds. One (1) $500.00 Perry Ellis gift card. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of winner. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. No transfer, refund,
cash redemption, substitution or replacement of any prize or any prize component permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). Odds of winning a prize depend on the nature, quality and number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Selection/Notification. The winner will be selected by Sponsor-designated judges on or about October 28, 2016 from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period based on the following criteria: (a) “originality” – 50%, “creativity” – 25%, and “relevance with the contest theme” – 25%. The one (1) entry with the highest score from the Sponsor-designated judges will be deemed the potential winner. Decisions of the judges shall be final and cannot be appealed. The potential winner will be notified via Direct Message on Instagram and/or email. Winner confirmation is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Winner may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted by law) (collectively, the "Affidavit") within the time frame or by the date specified in notification or an alternate winner may be selected, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If potential winner is under the age of majority in its state of legal residence, the Affidavit must be executed on winner's behalf by his/her parent or legal guardian. Winner must claim prize within 48 hours from date of winner notification or prize will be forfeited. In the event: (a) potential winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted or winner notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable; (b) potential winner declines or cannot accept, receive or use the prize for any reason; (c) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (d) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Contest or receive the prize, (e) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Contest and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsor's sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification and Affidavit procedures in connection with the selection of alternate winner, if any.
8. No Tampering, Right To Cancel, Modify. Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind, including but not limited to, inactive email and/or Instagram accounts, technical difficulties associated therewith or an entrant's failure to adequately monitor his/her email and/or Instagram account; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Contest or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor's reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and/or revoke a prize award from any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or with any Website promoting the Contest; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) suspected of entering or attempting to enter the Contest multiple times through the use any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Contest promotion, including the entire Contest promotion, and/or modify the Contest and/or award the prize from all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated or modified due to technical difficulties or unforeseen events prior to the expiration date of the Entry Period, in Sponsor's discretion, notice may be posted at the Website.
9. Release of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranty; Forum Selection Clause. By participating in the Contest, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Instagram and their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (the "Released Parties"), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Contest-related or prize-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person's computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Contest. Entrants and winner acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize or any component thereof, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by the supplier of the prize (or any component thereof) or their affiliates. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant
or Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to class action, and shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida. In addition, any dispute relating to the Sweepstakes (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in Miami-Dade County, State of Florida. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction that they may have. Any and all claims, judgment and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees and under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and further waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
10. Sponsor: Perry Ellis International, Inc., 3000 N.W. 107 Avenue, Miami, Florida 33172. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Any and all questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Sponsor, not Instagram.
11. Winner List. To receive a statement of who was selected the winner, after November 11, 2016, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Perry Ellis International, Inc., Attn: Marketing “#100PiecesOfPerry” Contest, 3000 N.W. 107 Avenue, Miami, Florida 33172, for Sponsor's receipt by December 31, 2016.
THE GQ INSIDER #100PIECESOFPERRY CONTEST